BP in Bedford
Map of BP in Bedford
3BP locations found near Bedford, Bedfordshire
Elstow, Interchange MK42 9BF
A1, Bedford MK44 3AA
Newnham Ave, Bedford MK41 9QG
In 1934, APOC and Gulf Oil founded the Kuwait Oil Company as an equally owned partnership. The oil concession rights were awarded to the company on 23 December 1934 and the company started drilling operations in 1936. In 1935, Rezā Shāh requested the international community to refer to Persia as ‘Iran’, which was reflected in the name change of APOC to the Anglo-Iranian Oil Company (AIOC).
In 1947, British Petroleum Chemicals was incorporated as a joint venture of AIOC and The Distillers Company. In 1956, the company was renamed British Hydrocarbon Chemicals.